top of page

Accreditation, Licensing, & State Authorization


Reach University is accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, (510) 748-9001.


To submit complaints to our accreditor, click here.


Alabama Commission on Higher Education (ACHE)
100 North Union Street
Montgomery, AL 36104
(334) 242-1998

Alabama Community College System (ACCS)
P.O. Box 302130
Montgomery, AL 36130
(334) 293-4500


Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board

423 Main Street, Suite 400
Little Rock, Arkansas 72201
(501) 371-2000

Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board certification does not constitute an endorsement of any institution or degree program. Such certification merely indicates that certain criteria have been met under the rules and regulations of institutional and program certification as defined in Arkansas Coe §6-61-301. The student should be aware that these degree programs may not transfer. The transfer of course/degree credit is determined by the receiving institution.


California Commission on Teacher Credentialing* 

1900 Capitol Avenue

Sacramento, CA 95811-4213

Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE)
P.O. Box 980818
West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818
(916) 574-8900


Colorado Commission on Higher Education

1600 Broadway, Suite 2200
Denver, CO 80202
(303) 862-3001


Louisiana Board of Regents

1201 N 3rd Street, Suite 6-200
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
(225) 342-4253

Licenses are renewed by the State Board of Regents every two years. Licensed institutions have met minimal operational standards set forth by the state, but licensure does not constitute accreditation, guarantee the transferability of credit, nor signify that programs are certifiable by any professional agency or organization.


Commission on College Accreditation (MCCA)
3825 Ridgewood Road
Jackson, MS 39211

(601) 432-6198


Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
P.O. Box 12788
Austin, TX 78711
(512) 427-6101


In affiliation with Reach University, Alternatives in Action is accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing. Program listings:

States have varying rules, requirements and regulations that govern online (distance) education offered by non-profit postsecondary institutions. Specifically, when institutions are providing education to out-of-state students, higher education institutions that offer distance education to state residents must either register, obtain licensure or certification approval, a letter of exemption, or other certification from the relevant state agencies. For some states where the institution lacks a physical presence, which may be defined differently by state, the educational institution is not required to obtain authorization. Many of these regulations also apply to field experiences (e.g., internships, practicums, clinicals, etc.) in the state.


Because Reach University is not licensed in all states, Reach may not be able to offer programs to students in all states at all times. If a student relocates while enrolled, he/she/they shall contact Reach University promptly to determine what the impact may be. Reach University may not be able to offer the same program to a student who relocates.


Reach University is registered, licensed, authorized, has a letter of exemption from, or does not have a physical presence for the purposes of licensing or authorization in the states listed below. Information about licensing or exemption in each state can be found by contacting the relevant governmental agency listed below.

Licensing and State Authorization

bottom of page